Why You Need A CITES Coral Personal Baggage Permit

Coral is listed on the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna (CITES).

Which means that in order to take coral overseas, you will need to purchase a CITES Personal Baggage Permit. These permits are for non-commercial use and can only be used to take coral in carry-on luggage.

Without a valid permit, the coral may be seized. For a permit to be valid, it must match the coral species, it must be fully completed on both sides with the date, your name and destination.

To send coral overseas by air, sea, courier or post, a different permit is required. For more information on CITES permits visit: http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/wildlife-trade.

To purchase a relevant Coral Personal Baggage Permit, click here. Please contact us if you have any questions.

coral export permit for overseas travel