Terms of Service
Placing an order on this website confirms that you have read, and agree with our full Terms & Conditions. Peek A Blue does not work from a showroom that can be visited; and it is not our practice to offer credit terms. Both of these factors allow us to sustain competitive prices while continuing to supply superior quality and a most extensive range.
- All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- All orders are to be placed either via the website, fax or email. To avoid the risk of errors, telephone orders are not accepted.
- Coral and shells are natural products with inherent individual variations in form, shape, quality, size, colour, appearance and availability.
- Where average size ranges are displayed, these are approximate and are offered only as a general indication of the size relative to a particular price point. Variations will occur where the size of individual available goods are less than or exceed the average size range for that price.
- If we are unable to supply the species or size ordered, we will supply the most similar alternative available. Please instruct us in advance if you do not wish to receive substitutes.
- As coral is an internationally protected species, both the harvesting, sale and export of coral are strictly controlled. Due to the need for strict compliance with international and Australian legislation governing international trade in coral, we regret that we will not be able to supply all orders for coral.
- As coral is a protected species, we do not sell coral for presentation or sale on a customer website, Facebook, Ebay, Etsy or any other media, unless by prior written agreement. We do not sell coral for sale at markets and other similar venues.
- From time to time we may not be able to supply coral orders within a reasonable time frame. Such situations arise when we are harvesting and preparing coral, and we are dependent on safe weather working conditions, as well as fine weather for drying coral.
- Delays in processing orders will also occur following trade fairs, when an exceptionally large number of sales orders need attention.
- During the rest of the year, our usual order turnaround time is within seven to ten working days before your order is dispatched.
- Minimum quantities apply to specific items. Orders placed for less than the stated minimum applicable to an item will be automatically increased so that the minimum quantity is supplied.
Proforma, small or urgent orders
- Orders received will be given priority based on the date they are received and whether payment arrangements are in place. Proforma orders receive the lowest priority because they can often cause considerable delay in the processing of all other orders.
- If your order is urgent and required by a particular date, please give sufficient prior notice at the time of ordering, and we will make every effort to fulfill your order within your required time frame.
- Orders requested by a client to be urgently or immediately fast-tracked ahead of other orders without sufficient prior notice are processed after hours. At our discretion we may apply either, or both of, a surcharge of $10 plus 25% of the order value.
- Sales Orders placed on this website are legally binding contracts. We will accept cancellation or amendments prior to the order being prepared and packed. Cancellations after packing an order will be treated as Default, and may influence our decision to supply future orders.
- All orders are to be paid for by credit card or via Paypal or by other payment gateway at the time of placing the order. Goods will be dispatched when payment has been cleared.
- If the actual freight and handling charge when the order is packed is a higher value than estimated, we will contact you prior to dispatch or create a refund.
- If approved trading terms have been granted, interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due daily until the date of payment at a rate of 2.5% per calendar month.
- If any account remains unpaid at the end of the second month after supply of the goods or services an amount of the greater of $20.00 or 10.00% of the amount overdue shall be levied for administration fees which sum shall become immediately due and payable.
- Failure to comply with approved trading terms will automatically result in the cancellation of those trading terms.
- By ordering coral, you acknowledge its fragile nature. We pack extremely well and the goods will always leave our premises in the best possible condition. However, most corals are fragile and the loss of minor tips of coral is a normal event that does not detract from the overall appearance of the coral in which case the coral is not considered to be damaged or defective.
- Peek A Blue shall dispatch goods via our warehouse in Gold Coast, Queensland. We determine the safest method of dispatch for the goods. We usually use a courier for fragile items such as coral, nautilus and sand dollars. We use Australia Post whenever items are not fragile and cost savings can be achieved. Large volume orders will be sent by pallet freight.
- If you wish to use an alternative carrier, you accept all risk associated with carriage of the goods. Please ensure you have a signatory to receive the goods.
- If your order is urgent we will use an express couriers or Express Post.
- Insurance of goods in transit is the responsibility of the Buyer.
- A signature is required for delivery of all orders, so please ensure someone is available to accept the goods. Requests to leave goods without a signatory present will be delivered at buyer's risk.
- Please record any mishandling or visible damage to the packages received when signing acceptance of the delivery. Please report such mishandling and damage to the person making the delivery of the Goods and advise Peek A Blue without delay.
- Peek A Blue will not be held liable for any loss or damage whatever due to our failure to deliver any order or part thereof promptly or at all.
Returns and Refund
- Please inspect received goods on delivery and within one day of delivery notify and Peek A Blue in writing of any alleged defect, discrepancy in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. If the goods are defective in any way, please provide us with digital photos of the damaged or defective goods within two days of receipt of the goods.
- We may require that the defective or damaged goods be returned to us for either repair, replacement or partial or full refund. In this event, goods must be wrapped to the best possible standard to ensure their safe return transit.
- Goods incorrectly ordered may be returned for credit within 5 days at the Buyer's expense, subject to the prior approval of the Seller. An administration and handling charge of 25% of the purchase price of the goods will be deducted from the refund. No returns or credits are permitted for Goods where the Buyer has changed his mind.
- Please obtain and retain a parcel tracking number for all returned goods as proof of return.
Export of Coral
- If you or your clients wish to export coral it is your responsibility to ensure compliance with Australian and international legislation governing international trade in coral, by ensuring the correct permits are in place before the coral leaves Australia.
- It is buyer's responsibility to ensure compliance with Australian and International legislation governing international trade in coral, by ensuring the correct permits are in place before the coral leaves Australia.
- You will need to purchase a CITES Personal Baggage Permits you wish to take coral overseas your luggage. These permits are not to be used with coral that is freighted or posted. Other strict conditions apply.
- Peek A Blue may offer advice, but will not be liable for any consequence, event or loss arising from the export of the coral.
- For detailed information, please click here.
- This website is provided to facilitate the purchase of products from Peek A Blue. This is a secure site and personal private information will not be available to the general public.
- Your login ID and password to access the site are non-transferable and strictly confidential. No other person is authorised to use your login ID and password to access the site.
- Breaches of the terms and conditions of website access will result in the immediate and permanent termination of access and could result in legal action. In any event, Peek A Blue may terminate your right to use the site at any time without prior notice.
- All material developed by Peek A Blue, including concepts, photos, images, content, designs and text displayed on this site, is the intellectual property of Peek A Blue and is protected by Australian copyright laws and international copyright treaties. You may not alter the site, remove material from it, add to it, add links either to or from another website or copy any part of the website.
- Use of Peek A Blue images without permission will result in legal action.
- Breaches of the terms and conditions of copyright will result in the immediate and permanent termination of access and could result in legal action. In any event, Peek A Blue may terminate your right to use the site at any time without prior notice.